January 19th, 2012 at 7 am
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
5555 N. River Road, Rosemont
Bob Smietana, Vice Chairman and CEO of HSA Commercial, will be a panel speaker at BISNOW’s Chicago Industrial Summit in January. Panelists at the Industrial Summit event will include: Johannson Yap of First Industrial Realty Trust, James Clewlow of CenterPoint Properties, Robert Clark from Clayco, and other distinguished industrial real estate experts.
Bob has completed over 75 building developments comprising over 20,000,000 square feet valued at $2 billion. Bob’s diverse development experience, which began in 1978 as an architect, includes industrial buildings, shopping centers, hotels, suburban and high-rise urban office skyscrapers, senior housing and medical office buildings. His national experience has included all phases of real estate responsibility including land acquisitions, entitlements, design development, financing, construction management operations, property and asset management and brokerage.
According to BISNOW, the following topics will be discussed at the event:
- How is the Chicago industrial market different than other business centers?
- When will spec development come back?
- What does leasing and absorption look like locally and nationally?
- What submarkets have demonstrated healthy fundamentals in 2011 and are poised for future development?
- What is the national outlook going forward, and what are the key drivers?
- What lies ahead for CMBS, and how will this factor into industrial development?
- How are the uncertainties of socioeconomic and political climates across the nation and world affecting outlook?